Saturday, June 1, 2024

Laugh at Your Misery and Fear

 warriorpoetsupplyco.comLaugh at Your Misery and Fear

There’s a bit of a quirky, perhaps weird, skill set I 

(John Lovell) have developed over the years, which 

I refined during my military years. For folks who’ve 

been tested by fire as soldiers or in similar contexts 

that involved putting your life in harm's way, this should

 immediately resonate. But I think all of us could benefit 

from learning to laugh at misery and fear.

If you don't have some experience or knowledge of what

I'm talking about, you might be a bit bewildered by this, 

but there is great benefit, even great strength, in finding 

the comedy in terrible situations. In another post, I talked

about the importance of graveyard humor, and that’s 

sort of what I’m talking about here.

I want to talk about the psychology this instinct and why 

we should all try to cultivate a response of humor in the 

face of difficulty. CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU